21 February 2008

Sugar Cookies



Anyone who knows me knows that I love to make and eat sugar cookies. It has been a while, but I decided to make some for Valentine's Day. They turned out so good and delish. I am sharing the recipe, because everyone needs to make them. The world would be a better place.


Best Sugar Cookies:


1/2 c. butter

1 c. sugar

2 eggs

1 T. cream/milk

1 T. vanilla

3 1/2 c. flour

2 T. baking powder


Mix ingredients well until you have a good, solid dough. Roll out to about 1/4 in. thick. Cut and bake at 325 degrees for about 12 min. They should stay a white-ish color. If they begin to brown they have been in too long.


Best Butter-Cream Frosting:


1/2 c. softened butter

4 c. powdered sugar

1 t. vanilla

3-5 T. milk (depends on the consistency you want. Start with 3)

2 comments:

Kate said...

so fun that you started a blog! those cookies look awesome :)

emily said...

I forgot how awesome those cookies are! Mmmm...sunday treat maybe. Love the blog!